In this episode you'll learn how to make a cat button app. One button, one image, infinite cats.
This project will teach you a number of crucial topics including:
- interacting with web-services
- working with images
- downloading things
- using a background thread
- updating the UI on the main thread
- responding to user actions
- using activity indicators and much more!
You will need XCode 9 for this tutorial. We will be working in Swift 4 and targeting iOS 11. The code for this and all episodes can be found here on github: https://github.com/orgs/brightmediums
In the next episode we will learn how to interact with a basic web service while making a cat button app. Stay tuned and feel free to follow us on Twitter for updates: @brightmediums.